Sunday, January 25, 2009

The boys sing in Sacrament meeting

Today has been a wonderful day. I have to be honest, I don't always say that about Sundays. But today has been a special day. It started off this morning with William, Jacob, and Spencer singing in Sacrament meeting. It was a really great opportunity for them and they did a fantastic job! Last week after church, Sister Bigler stopped us and ask if the boys would be able to sing in church this week. They instantly said yes, and so I said that we would try it. She said that the Bishop had requested that some primary kids sing the song, Search, Ponder, and Pray. Well, for some reason I thought my boys knew that song so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but, when I played it for them when we got home none of them even recognized it. So we set to work and learned the song this week. We practiced at the church yesterday and they got up and sung it all by themselves today as Sister Carroll played for them. I think I was more nervous than they were and I wasn't doing anything. They did very well though and I was very proud of them! William told me afterward that it was really fun to do and he hopes they get to do it again sometime. I think that would be wonderful!

Then after church we came home and made a cake for Bryce's birthday, had lunch and I took a short nap on the couch while John played with the boys. Then tonight we celebrated Bryce's birthday which was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Heather said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG! So fun!

Your boys did great singing, I wish we could have primary kids sing every week in sacrament meeting.