Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Since I'm not nearly as cute as my baby girl, we'll just leave the pictures out of this post.  Actually, we didn't get any pictures of today since I am the camera happy person and I was a bit occupied.

Today was a very busy day.  I am actually hoping to take a little time off tomorrow and relax for my birthday.  The day started by getting the older two boys off to school.  I will be so glad when this year is over.  Then I bathed the little ones, took a shower, and headed off to Annalise's well-baby check.  She has fallen a bit down the growth chart in weight , so we will be watching her weight over the next few months to make sure she does not fall too far below where she should be.
After that we had physical therapy for Bryce and Annalise, speech therapy for Annalise, and then at 1:00 I headed over to William's school for a presentation he and his classmates were doing.  I do have some pictures of that so I will have to post them soon.

By the time the presentations were over, there was only about 15 minutes left of school, so I just signed William and Jacob out and took them then.  When I told the lady in the office that I was going to do that, she said, "that's fine, but it will count as a tardy."  It kind of threw me off and what I said next still has me cracking up a little.  I totally looked up from what I was doing and said, "I don't care."  It wasn't mean or anything, but that is just what came out of my mouth.  I really just didn't care if they call it a tardy or not.  She quickly explained that some people do care and so she just wanted to make sure that I knew.  Thinking back to the whole situation, I hope she didn't think I was being rude or anything.  I've gotten to know the office staff quite well over the year, so hopefully it's all OK.  But honestly...I don't care.

Then I took the boys through the Sonic drive through and got a drink on the way over to pick up William's new glasses.  We don't often do that, so it was a nice treat.  William's glasses look good and fit much better...especially after John stepped on his old ones last night.  Luckily it didn't break them, but those poor glasses have been through a lot this year.  The new ones are nice!

We then headed to Fry's to get a few things and then home for dinner and cake.  On the way home I saw John heading out the other direction and soon found out that he was going to get my birthday card which he gave me when he got home.  It's not quite the new laptop I was hoping for (mine is having some serious issues), but the card is nice.

After dinner, we sat outside for a bit until it was time to get the kids ready for bed.  They are all in bed now, and I think I will be heading there soon.

So, I am 41 years old today.  When John asked me this morning how I felt, I told him, "not a day younger than 29!"  William informed me today that I will probably be a grandma in about 15 years.  Thank goodness they are still young...they help to keep me young!

No comments: