Monday, February 6, 2012

Bryce's Birthday Celebration

We had planned on spending Bryce's birthday at the Ryan house, but we found out last minute that John would be going out of town for work from the 23rd to the 27th, so we decided to cancel our plans and celebrate at home this year.  Since my Dad's birthday is the 23rd, we celebrated both of their birthdays the day before on Sunday at my parent's house.  

First we sang Happy Birthday to Bryce 

 and then we did it again (he seriously can't get enough of that song.  It is so funny!)

Then we sang to my dad.  It is so nice having my parents down here.  I think that they are really liking Arizona as well.  Who knows, maybe they will decide to stay!


When we were done singing, Annalise sang her own version of Happy Birthday to Bryce.  (Sorry about the annoying laugh at the end)


January 25, 2012
Happy Birthday Bryce! 

Since Bryce didn't want to wear the birthday crown from his teachers at school, they attached his birthday certificate to his wheelchair instead.  This is him when he got home holding the card that he had also gotten from his teachers.  I love his school.  It is going to be sad to say good-bye to them at the end of the year. 

We had just a little cake and presents for Bryce on his actual birthday.  You can tell by the look on his face here that he was not enjoying the thought of having that frosting anywhere near him.   

Once the candles were lit, it was better... 

and then the singing began and once again, all was good with his world! 

We again sang multiple times  


and then Annalise wanted to help blow out the candles.  She is not quite able to do it, so William and Jacob ended up helping as well.  Finally all 5 candles were out and we had cake and then went on the presents. 

What Bryce would have really loved (and I would have loved to get for him) for his birthday is a bike.  He is no longer happy with just watching other kids ride bikes, he really wants to ride.  I usually just hold him on one and help him move around the driveway.  Not quite the same, so a few months ago, I looked into adaptive bikes.  I found this one on the Rifton website.  It looked great!

As I looked further, I found that an adaptive trike that would give him enough support, would cost over $1800!  So, unfortunately that didn't happen this year.  We need to save a few more pennies before we can get him what he would really love!

So instead, he got this stack of goodies. 

Once again, Annalise was very willing to help him open his gifts! 




He seems to be much more excited about the Tom and Jerry then the Wiggles, but since that night, he has enjoyed them both. 

By the end of the day, Bryce was definitely tired out.  I had barely changed him into his new birthday PJ's and he was asleep on the floor.  I can't believe our baby boy is 5 years old!  We are so thankful that we got to spend this one with him.  I hope we get to celebrate many more special days with him!

No comments: