Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Was Taught

Today was a very exciting day for Sarah Klein, one of our respite workers.  She went through the temple for the first time.  She has received her mission call and will  be leaving for Birmingham, Alabama in June.  Anyway, since she and her parents were at the temple this morning, she was available to watch Bryce and Annalise for us tonight so that we could attend ward temple night.  

Sometimes it is so hard to get to the temple.  I had every reason under the sun go through my mind today as to why we shouldn't/couldn't go tonight.  Some of them were very good, legitimate reasons, but I am so glad that we went anyway.  Actually, I don't think I have ever gone and come out wishing I hadn't, but tonight was one step more.  Tonight I was taught!  I am so thankful for the way the spirit can speak to our heart and mind and teach us things we need or will need to understand.  I am also thankful that there are people here on Earth who listen to the spirit and are in the right place at the right time.  We met one of those people tonight.  Wonderful night!

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

laurie said...

dang, we missed you! We were late and did sealings instead. Which, was a blessing. I think the temple always ends up being a great experience. Ü Glad you were able to go.