Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another First Day

Today it was Bryce's turn to try out his new school for the first day.  He sounded kind of junky when he first woke up this morning, but otherwise seemed fine, so he went off to school.

I met with his teacher, Jaime, and his one-to-one aide, Teresa, for a little bit before school to go over all the basics of Bryce care.  Everyone that I have met who will work with the kids at the school seems wonderful and are very excited to work with Bryce and Annalise.  Teresa used to work as a Para at Ryan Elementary in one of the self contained classrooms, so she knows were Bryce is coming from.  She assured me that I am going to love it here at LIFE after working with Ryan.  That is nice.  She seems like she will be great with Bryce.

When I returned to school I was told that Bryce did well and seemed to enjoy himself there.  They said his favorite part of the day was Gym where he got to go down the big slide.  Yeah, I think he is going to love it there!

Annalise also enjoyed her day.  She spent this afternoon singing new songs that she is learning.  Both of the kiddos were very tired out by this evening.  They were both asleep before 7:30.  I think they worked and played hard at school today.  A great combination!

Before school, I tried to take some pictures of Bryce and Annalise together.  Neither of them was really into picture taking.  Bryce would absolutely not look at me and Annalise...well, she was just in her happy little world! 




No comments: