Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pre-Christmas

Another important biggie of December is of course Christmas.  However, as I was trying to pick pictures for Christmas, I realized that I need to include a few days leading up to Christmas as well.   So here it goes...

December 16th we finally got our tree and the kids began decorating it. 




Bryce was fine to watch others decorate the tree, but other than that, he wanted nothing to do with it! 

This picture was taken the Sunday before Christmas.  I just love this beautiful girl!  She is the perfect age for Christmas this year. 

Annalise loves the lights.  She has recently begun talking in sentences and her longest one so far is, "Wow mommy, the Christmas tree is so pretty!"  I was shocked when all of that came out of her mouth at once.  I am so thankful that she is still able to talk! 

 I believe she has found a candy cane here!


We decided to spend a few days at the Ryan House before Christmas.  We were there from the 22nd to the 24th.
Annalise loves this kitchen that they have there.  I think she literally spent hours playing here with the volunteers.   


Bryce just hanging out watching his brothers play the Wii. 

Spencer and William being goofy 


The best part about this visit is that our friends, the Hauer family, came to visit while we were there.  Ryder has also been diagnosed with unspecified Leukodystrophy.  Hopefully they will be able to take advantage of the respite that comes from a stay at the Ryan House as well.  We had a great time hanging out with Ryder, his parents, and his brothers!   Although I wish we had met them under different circumstances, I am so thankful to know this wonderful family and call them our friends!

Santa also made a visit while we were there.  He decided NOT to swim with the boys! 

This picture is a little dark, but I just love it.  This is Bryce lying in his bed at the Ryan House, holding onto the stuffed animal they gave him when we arrived.  The smile on his face shows just how all of us feel when we are there!

No comments: