Friday, April 19, 2013

Miracles Do Happen

4-18-13
Today was a good day.  So far, this week has been a good week for our family.  As of this morning, my brother Kevin and his kids are free!  His divorce is official and he has full custody of his children!  Now they can all relax a bit and start building their new lives here in Arizona.  I am so happy for them.  Of course I am sad to see an eternal family break up, but I was sad about that when I first learned what was happening.  I understand that sometimes, because of free agency and the choices that people make, sad things have to happen.  But in the end, everything will work out for those who are trying their best to do what is right.  I am so happy for my brother and look forward to seeing what his life ahead has in store for him and his children!  

Also this week we witnessed what I believe to be a miracle, a very significant one in my family.  A couple of weeks ago my dad, who had some cancer removed from his stomach a few years back went in for a check up which he does every 6 months.  His white blood cell count was high so they decided to do a CT scan and make sure everything was okay.  His stomach looked fine, but they did find something in his liver.  Tuesday of this week he went in for a biopsy.  The surgeon doing the biopsy said that since the mass was so close to his lung he wanted to do another CT scan to be sure of where it was and make sure he could get to it without puncturing his lung.  He took the CT Scan and saw nothing in the liver.  He did an ultrasound to see what was going on.  Again, he could not find anything there.  He had seen the original CT Scan and knew that less than 2 weeks earlier there had definitely been something in my Dad's liver and today it is not there.  They rechecked his numbers and guess what...they were down as well!  Not to normal, but lower than they have been in the past.  Prayers have been answered and we have witnessed a miracle!  I am so thankful for the power of prayer and fasting and thankful that miracles do indeed still happen!

As a side note, as for the rest of the story of  "My best day so far" post, I don't think I am even going to finish it now.  It seems like that week was so long ago now and I don't even remember all that happened, nor do I really want to go back and relive it at this point.  Let's just say that for about 2+ weeks things around here were very intense and basically non stop.  We still aren't back to our normal and I don't know if my laundry and house will ever fully recover, but life moves on.  Things are good.  Not perfect, but good and Miracles do happen! 

No comments: