Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Priesthood, Sacrament, Church is Awesome!

So I am behind on some very important happenings in our family.  On March 31st, John was ordained as a High Priest.  He also has a new calling in the ward.  He is one of the assistants to the High Priest Group Leader.  John's dad was able to drive in to do the ordination and celebrate this wonderful day with us.  This day also happened to be Easter, so it was great to have him here to celebrate that with us as well!

On April 1st, our oldest son William turned 12.  On Sunday April 14th he received the Priesthood  and was ordained to the office of Deacon.  It was a wonderful day and I am so proud of our son.


My mom, my sister Sheri, my brother Kevin, and his children were all able to be here with us to celebrate this wonderful day.  In Sacrament meeting, the Bishop always has the newly turned 12 year olds recite an article of faith.  William had #13.  He did a fantastic job reciting it.  He has been practicing the memorization of all of them for a while now and has them down!

Then this past Sunday, William was able to pass the Sacrament for the first time.  He was so nervous!  There are some wonderful young men in our ward though and they helped him know exactly what he needed to do.  He did a fantastic job and it made me so happy to see him doing this.  Mom and Sheri came to church with us this day as well!

John also spoke in church last week.  Annalise had been up most of the night before, so I was only planning to stay for Sacrament meeting. I wasn't sure how she was going to do or if we would make it through the meeting.   Amazingly, she did very well.  As I carried her into the chapel, she lifted her arms up and said very clearly, "this place is Awesome!"  She was in such a great mood throughout the entire meeting.  What a blessing!

It is so wonderful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  To be able to attend meetings every week where we can feel the spirit, where our children are able to learn about Christ and his teachings, and where we can "recharge" our spiritual batteries in preparation of the upcoming week.  I agree with Annalise...This place is Awesome!


2 comments:

laurie said...

William seriously did so good on his article of faith!!

Lex-a-roo said...

I love the little quotes you've written down from your family. This Sunday I'm going to think to myself " This Place is Awesome!"