Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bryce's First Day of School

Bryce started preschool today. It is through the chandler school district here. I think it is going to be a great thing for him. There are about 8 children in his class. All but one of which are boys He should feel right at home! There is one teacher and 3 aids for the class. The little girl is also in a wheelchair, but the others just have hearing, speech, those types of issues so Bryce gets a lot of the physical help that he needs in order to be involved with the class. This morning when I dropped him off, I told them that he has a tray that goes on his wheelchair, but that I had forgotten it and would bring it on Friday. They told me not to even worry about it because he would only be in his chair for a total of about 15 minutes a day! Other than that, they have him out and right down there with the other children, either in someone's lap or in special chairs that are made so that he can be on the floor for circle time, or at the table for crafts, etc. It seems so great. I was very relieved when I left today. He seemed so happy and the whole feel of the place was wonderful! He will be getting PT, ST, and OT while he is there as well. He was pretty tired when I went to pick him up. However, when I started to put him in the van to go home, he started throwing a fit and looking toward the school. I promised him that I would bring him back on Friday!

I was trying to get a picture of Bryce before school and he kept looking away and giggling. He knew exactly what he was doing...the little stinker!


My handsome, big boy!


I took these pictures while we were in the PT's office. I'll have to get some others inside his classroom sometime.


He's a little charmer. Everyone there seems to have fallen in love with him already!

3 comments:

laurie said...

how could you not???

Julie said...

Yay! Way to go Bryce. Hope you have a great experience in pre-school.

Becca said...

That sounds wonderful, I love that they have him out of the chair so much. What a great resource for him and you. Does this mean no more therapy in the home? I hope it simplifies your schedule some.

He is adorable. I agree with Laurie, how could anyone not fall in love with him?