Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Last night was William's first Pinewood Derby. The night started out a little rough for him as he lost his first few races. Luckily though, he ended up winning a few also, so it was all good in the end. There were 3 top winners who won prizes and all of the other boys got a ribbon, which I thought was a great touch. In the end, there were a few sad boys, but overall, I think everyone had a really good time. William and Jacob can't stop talking about how they are going to make their cars for next year. They are both very excited!

The evening was wonderful, but unfortunately my camera wasn't. I took so many pictures with both my regular camera and my iPhone and most turned out either blurry or orange. I'm posting the only ones that were even worth having. Hopefully I will have a new camera by next year's Pinewood Derby!

William waiting patiently for his first race.


It was fun to see all the siblings watching the races. I think the caution tape was a great idea.



We were sitting at the end of the track which was a great place to see the action. Bryce's eyes were glued to the track most of the night. He loved watching the cars...and the boys!


I was proud of William. Even after a couple of losses, he was still able to give me the thumbs up! Way to go William!


Getting ready for another race.


Yes! Finally a win!


Way to go William!

1 comment:

Jenn C. said...

I can hardly wait for pinewood derbies! William looks so cute!