Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We're Going to Disney World!!!

Well, I can't believe how fast we found out about this, but Bryce's wish is being granted!!! We are going to Disney World!!! We are all so excited. Jeff called last night and talked with John, so I just got the details from John, but basically he said that Bryce's wish had been granted and that we were scheduled to go from November 14th to the 20th. When Jeff and Mindy were here, we had to pick three dates that would work. I told them that we would make anytime work, but we picked dates in May, June, and (skipping summer heat and hurricane season) November. Over the weekend, the more I thought about these dates, the worse I felt about the November date. The reason being the nature of Bryce's condition. Although the regression has slowed, it is still happening. November is still 8 months away and I'm not sure where Bryce will be at that point. Looking back 8 months ago, there has been considerable change in Bryce's condition. I really want to go when Bryce is able to enjoy it the most. While he is still able to travel, see, hear, be aware of what is going on, etc. That may all still be fine in November, hopefully it will be, but we just don't know. Anyway, John told Jeff about my concern and he said that they will be talking to Bryce's doctor and if he feels that Bryce shouldn't wait that long then they can put a rush on it and get us out there sooner. I'm not sure which doctor they will be talking to, but I'm guessing it will be his neurologist. Unfortunately he hasn't even seen Bryce in 5 months. So I guess it will just depend on what the doctor has to say and I will just have to hope and pray that whatever is best for Bryce is what will happen. But anyway, happy news...We're going to Disney and Bryce is going to meet Mickey!!! =)