Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to Real Life!

Real life hit today and it hit hard! Today was one of those days where I had things that needed to be done overlapping each other. It was a very stressful beginning and I had to just do and not think too much about all that had to be accomplished or I wouldn't have been able to handle it. Jacob and Spencer have two more days of school left and then we will be finished with that for this year. The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure these last two days are just going to be fun days. Spencer's class will be having beach days and so he brought a beach towel to sit on, and they both will be having pizza parties tomorrow.

Bryce had speech and physical therapy today. We found out that his speech therapist will be leaving us in July. He will get another one, but we will miss Alyson a lot. She has been amazing with Bryce. She has really done things to help keep his mind going and she fully believes, by what she has seen, that Bryce is very high functioning cognitively. She makes therapy fun for Bryce while also challenging him. I just wish that we would get his communication device before she left. I'm sure she could help him out with that a lot. Hopefully Bryce's new therapist will be wonderful as well.

After his therapies, I fed him lunch, left William and Annalise with a babysitter, and headed off for his GI appointment. He took a nap on the way up. I actually don't mind going to the GI appointments because we usually get right in and, now that he has his feeding tube, we usually get good news. This time was no exception to that. We found out that he now weighs 26 lbs. Only about a pound away from our goal for him. He has also grown about an inch and a half since January. We do need to tweak his feedings a little bit, so the nutritionist will be calling me soon to let me know how he suggests we do that. Basically we need to get more fluids in than he is getting, but keep the same number of calories for now, so we will be adding more water to the mixture and possibly feeding him more often. Hopefully Bryce will continue to tolerate it well and continue to grow.

On the way home, we stopped at Walmart to pick up some things for cub scouts and some pictures from old one time use cameras that I found laying around. I had no idea what was on them, so that was kind of fun. Most of them were from the time 2 years ago when my kids stayed with my parents in Texas while John and I cruised to Alaska. It was fun to see pictures and remember that time again.

I got home in time to change for cub scouts and William and I headed out the door. Cubs went relatively well. I was glad that my assistant den leader came and that things ran smoothly for the most part. We had a brief meeting after cubs to plan for the upcoming pack meeting and then I came home, took over kid duties and John left for Play rehearsal.

It's been a busy, busy day and I am glad to have made it through alive and relatively well! =)

No comments: