Monday, July 26, 2010

First Day of School 2010!

Unbelievable, but today is the first day of the new school year. The boys were all excited about going back to school, although William was a little nervous since he is starting at a totally new school this year. That can be tough, but I think he will do great! I'm looking forward to having the older boys all at the same school this year. I think it will make things a little big easier! Bryce is going back to his priority preschool at Riggs Elementary and the three other boys are all at Patterson. Their teachers all seem great this year and are all OK with the fact that we will be taking them out for a week and a half after only 4 days of school! I really wish we didn't have to do that, but that is just the way it goes when your summer ends in July, I guess!

Here are a few pictures of the boys all dressed up and ready to leave for school. Don't look at the time on the pictures...they were up early, but not at 12:30 am. Time on the camera is still wrong. Oops!

Bryce just as smiley as ever!


I couldn't get Spencer to give me a good smile, because the sun was in his eyes. Oh well, we take what we can with this one!


William...our big 4th grader!


They love their new backpacks!


Jacob


All ready to go! I must say that I loved school shopping this year because I was able to buy $4-6 shorts and t-shirts that the boys want to wear instead of the $10-12 uniform shorts and shirts they used to wear to school.


Bryce in front of his school. He didn't want to stop for a picture. He just wanted to get into his classroom!


Jacob has Mrs. Jones this year. You can see her inside the classroom.


Spencer is very excited about being in first grade. Now he gets to play on the "real" playground instead of just the kindergarten one!


William, excited and a little nervous about started something new!


Every year it is a little sad to see my kids go off to school and I miss them terribly. I have to be honest though, today I am loving the little bit of peace and quiet I am currently enjoying. It's been a good summer, but I think it will be nice to get back to some routines and a few moments of quiet during the day for me. That is, once we return from our upcoming trip! Bryce came home from school on the bus today, met with his new speech therapist, (who seems amazing!) and he and Annalise are now down for naps! Ahhh!

Hope you are having a good day boys! I love you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a short summer. It will be nice to have the three older boys all at one school. And I am so jealous of your peaceful days at home with one. I had that briefly and then got pregnant with Derrick. It was nice while it lasted.

laurie said...

All so cute! I'm sure the quiet and routine will be easy to get used to!

Julie said...

Hard to believe that school has started again! It was good to see you, John, and the kiddos albeit too briefly! Next time we hope you can stay and play a little while longer. Was the doctor visit helpful?

Tammy said...

It was great to see you guys too Julie. We would love to come back and stay longer sometime. The Doctor's appointment in and of itself wasn't overly helpful, but he knows of a pediatric neurologist that may be of help. I need to update my blog and let everyone know what is happening.

gramyflys said...

Tammy, is was fun to run across your blog today and see how your cute family has grown! Looks like you guys are doing just great! We think of you often...The Emigs

Tammy said...

So glad that you found us! Hopefully I'll be updating here soon!