Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Day

Well, the first day of homeschooling went very well. The only problem was that the 4 hours worth of work that we had for Spencer was completed within about 1 and a half hours! He also kept saying, "Easy! Easy Cheesy!" so Mom is out working right now to find something a little more challenging for him. Obviously academics is not the problem! The boy is one smart cookie! The big success of the day...he stayed dry from morning till night. Yippee! It's been a long time since we have seen that happen, so that was nice! It was so great that the couple of times when he said he just wanted to snuggle with me, he was able to do that. He would come over for a quick snuggle and then head right back to his work. It was really great working with him today. I'm sure that things will get a little more challenging when the excitement and newness wears off a little bit, but for now, we are all loving this. It makes me wish it were possible to home school all of my children!

William had a very tough time going back to school today. He just feels so overwhelmed with everything he has going on. Other than Cub Scouts, we aren't even doing any extra activities. It just seems like on school days the time is taken up with school work, homework, and chores. He was in a better mood after school today since his teacher did not give them homework for today. That was nice. William is in some pain after shutting his hand in the van door tonight after Cub Scouts. It doesn't look broken, but it sure is swollen and I'm sure it will be painful for a few days. Poor kid!

Jacob is Jacob! He did just fine going back to school today, loved seeing his friends and complained all the way through his homework. What should have taken him about 2 minutes to complete took about 20, but hey that's just the way he does it. I just love how each child has there own little personality and way of doing things.

As long as Bryce does well through the night tonight, he will be going back to school tomorrow. I'm actually excited for him since he hasn't been in almost a month and a half. I know I will worry about him while he is away, but I think that he will be very excited to get back. Hopefully he will stay well and continue being able to go throughout the rest of the year.

Annalise did a great job with her speech/feeding therapist today. She is still saying quite a few words and continuing to learn new ones which is really good for now. We are also working on teaching her sign language which she is picking up really well. It's a lot of fun to see it begin to click with her. We have found these really great signing videos called Signing time. They are very catchy and I have been able to pick up a lot of signs really quickly which helps in using them with Annalise. The off-the-wall cool thing about them is that they are directed by a girl who served in my mission. Her husband also served with us and their son is in the videos. We weren't close or anything and I haven't talked to them since the mission, but it was kind of fun to see that.

Well, the day has been a good, long one and tomorrow will be another so I am off to bed! Good night!

3 comments:

Dacia said...

What a great way to start the week - happy kids!
Good luck with the home schooling - it sounds like the plan is going to work.

Jodi said...

I meant to leave a comment earlier, but I just wanted to tell you how awesome I think you are. Even though with all you have to do for Bryce and now Annalise, you are just as much there and present for William, Jacob, and Spencer. I admire you so very much. Homeschooling Spencer right now sounds like just what he needs. He's so lucky to have you! I loved homeschooling (the little I did anyway) and I hope you do too!

Jake and Jenny said...

Easy Cheesy! That is so funny! Glad things are going well! You are so awesome!