Friday, July 10, 2009

We've Made It!

Alea, our mother's helper, has been in Canada all week. When she first mentioned that she would be gone for a week I was a little nervous about handling everything here on my own for a week. Lately I have been looking more forward to having this time with just my kids and I here during the day. Well, I'm happy to report that we have survived...and quite well if I do say so myself! Granted, we only had one unexpected Dr. appt come up this week so that helped. And no, my kitchen hasn't stayed as clean as it does when she is here (I do miss having my floor swept daily), but there has just been a little bit more calm in our home this week and I have really enjoyed some fun times with the kids. She will be back on Monday which is a good thing since Bryce will be admitted to the hospital early Tuesday morning for a PH probe and will be there through Wed. We are then leaving for a trip to California on Thursday, so the extra help before we leave will be a great blessing I'm sure. I hope she is getting rested up this week!

Today we went to see the movie Kit Kittredge: An American Girl. It is a fantastic movie. I'm so glad we decided to go. I was debating on whether it would be something the kids would enjoy and if I could handle taking all of them on my own. Well, the 2 older boys and I loved it (Jacob and I both cried...yes it was that good), Spencer endured it, and Bryce and Annalise couldn't have cared less about it. Although Bryce really did like the monkey that was in it. There was one time that I had both little ones on my lap and one other time that I had to make a quick exit due to a crying baby, but overall, I think it went quite well. It may sound lame that I am so nervous about going somewhere with all 5 of them alone, but all I have to say is just come spend a day with us and you too will understand why it's a bit nerve racking! =) Luckily we all had fun and everyone, including Mom, came home in a good mood! I may just be willing to try it again sometime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um no, there's no shame in hesitating to take five children out by yourself. Your baby is still really little and Bryce needs a lot of extra attention. No shame in hesitating. I'm so impressed that you did it and you had fun while doing it. Way to go!!

laurie said...

I agree, 5 kids is always a handful. I, too, loved the movie. Totally made me cry. I thought it was one of the better ones this summer. My boys refused to go. Too bad for them!