Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Bike

This week is fall break and the weather has been beautiful. The boys have spent a lot of time outside...which I love. At the beginning of the week, I realized that Spencer does not have a bike...he never has! I said something to him about it and he said, "Well, I don't have a bike, because I don't know how to ride one." Poor kid. I explained that we would get him one with training wheels and we could teach him how to ride it. He got so excited! But things happen and I didn't get out to get him one Monday, and then on Tuesday the three boys went down to get the mail. I saw them as they were coming back, William and Jacob on their bikes and Spencer running with all his might and totally out of breath trying to keep up with them. He never complained about it, but it did remind me that he needed a bike. Then Wednesday they had been outside playing when Spencer came in with his brothers right behind him saying, "it was an accident, it was an accident." He was crying. I looked and Spencer had some skinned knees and a bleeding elbow. I guess they had been riding bikes and poor Spencer was running with them, only this time he was running in front of them. I guess he didn't run quite fast enough and had a run in with on of the bikes. So...I decided it was really time for him to have a bike. As soon as John came home from work I left and stopped at Walmart to get him a bike before heading over to Bunco. They didn't have the bike in stock that I had seen and was planning on getting, but I didn't want him to have to wait any longer and so I spent an extra $10 and got him this one. I was so excited as I walked through the store with the bike, you would have thought it was for me. As soon as he woke up this morning I had him close his eyes and walk outside with me. He was so excited when he saw it and the boys have been riding bikes pretty much ever since then!



Yes, it was still dark when they began riding this
morning.








I like this picture even though it is a little blurry
because you can see in his face how hard he is working.


Sometimes you just need a little push from your
big brother! William and Jacob were both great
at helping Spencer this morning.


Spencer has become quite a great
bike rider today!


There is just nothing better than boys, bikes,
and fall break!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

LOVE the pictures! Very heart warming!!! It's so fun to see all three of the boys on bikes. Best buds.