Thursday, October 1, 2009

Short Lived

Well, the sleeping through the night seems to have been just a one night wonderful blessing for now. I still have hopes that it will happen again, but...time will tell. Tuesday night Bryce woke up with terrible leg cramping pains and then this morning he woke up at about 3 am and seemed to be in a lot of pain, although I couldn't tell what was causing it. I hate that he is not able to tell me what is bothering him! Poor baby! I got up with him and as I walked and patted his back, he let out a big burp and then spit up all over me. He had some trouble during the day with this yesterday also. It seems like maybe we will need to decrease the amount of food he is getting for a little while. He had been handling 35 ML/hour just fine and so I upped it last night to 40. Considering 30 ML is only an ounce, it's not much more, but it must have just put his little tummy over the edge. The goal that the nutritionist set for him is to get 50ML/hour for 10 hours at night. And then 3 feedings of 90ML during the day. We have to work up to that slowly though! There is no point in rushing it.

So Bryce was up at 3, Annalise (who is usually my really great sleeper) was up at 3:30, and just as I was getting Bryce back to sleep at 5, in comes Spencer! So, my day began very early and unfortunately we have a very busy one ahead of us. Oh give me strength!!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

It may take a while, but I bet as he gets used to more food, the sleeping will come also. Hopefully that will happen soon for your sanity!

Katy said...

My heart goes out to you, Tammy. We love you guys. And hope that it won't be too long before he sleeps continuously through the night.

laurie said...

Sending sleep vibes your direction!!