Friday, October 9, 2009

Up 2 Ounces!

It may not sound like a lot, but when the scale showed that Bryce was up 2 ounces from his weigh in 2 weeks ago, I was jumping for joy! We haven't seen the scale move in that direction for a long time. He has slowly been losing weight for almost 10 months now. I hope that he can continue to gain and get stronger and stronger.

This is also the first 24 hours that he has not needed medicine for pain. He is sleeping so much better through the night and even has a greater desire to eat by mouth now. All good things!

The follow-up visit with Dr. Notrica went well today. He said that everything looks good and that Bryce can bathe and swim again as normal! The nurses also showed me today how to check the fluid in the balloon that is holding the button into Bryce. I have to check that once a week to make sure there are no leaks. They also showed me how to change the button. I shouldn't have to do that more than every couple of months unless by accident his button gets pulled out. This can be especially bad because the hole will begin to close up within an hour. So, if it does come out, I have to get it back in right away or take him to the ER and have them fix it. I'm just hoping it stays where it is suppose to be!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

We LOVE good reports! Keep up the good work Bryce! (and Bryce's very strong mom!)