Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Couple of other Things

A few tidbits that I forgot to post this morning. First of all I have to say that I was really frustrated with the blog this morning. For some reason, some areas in the post have spaces between them like I meant for them to and then others got all smashed together. Even when I try to edit, it just goes back to the same thing. I don't know how to fix it and it really irritates me to see it all run together. Anyone know how to make it look right when you post it? Hopefully it won't happen in this one!

Anyway, back to the other news. First of all, Bryce's CT scan results came back and there is no sign of calcification on the brain. If you have read Bryce's blog, you may have already read this, but I wanted to post the information here as well. So this rules out Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome, which is what Dr. Narayanan was really thinking this may be. Also I thought that he was talking about something different than Leukodystrophy when he was talking about this disease, but it ends up he wasn't. AGS is just one of the types of LD. So, it is good that he doesn't have it, but it leaves us back at square one again, and Bryce's Dr is still pretty sure it is a Leukodystrophy that we are dealing with. Sigh!!! He will be having an EEG on December 11 to check for silent seizures since he is having episodes of zoning off and gasping for air/forgetting to breathe. It's so scary! Seizures have always scared me and I have been very glad that he has not had any problem with them. I am really hoping it is something else that we are dealing with here. Seizures are very common in children with Leukodystrophy. =( Bryce's Dr. said that he is going to look through all of Bryce's records again and talk with a colleague in Baltimore who deals with Leukodystrophies and see if he/they can find anything that may give us a clue as to what to look for. It all just makes me sad.

On to another child! On Monday I will be calling to make an appointment with a urologist for Spencer. We are still having major wetting issues during the day with him no matter what we try. I talked to his pediatrician again when I was in there last week and she thinks it would be a good idea to see a urologist just to make sure there is nothing medical going on there. Part of me hopes they find something so that we can take care of the issue, but of course part of me hopes everything is just fine and eventually it will all just work out. It really seems like something is going on, whether it is medical or mental I don't know, but it's just gone on too long. He has a few other things going on as well that I am trying to piece together and figure out if it is related at all. Oh, having kids can be so trying on the heart! Hopefully everything will be fine with him and this will just be a passing trial.

Also this past week Annalise turned 6 months old. I can't believe it's been 6 months! I think I say that every month! =) She is getting so big. She loves to get herself up on all fours and rock back and forth. She has plunged herself forward a few times, but mostly she just goes backwards still. She has also begun to babble a lot. She says mom, mom, mom all the time. I know she is not talking about me, but hey I'm taking it as her first word and it is mom, not dad. =) She loves people and really enjoys her brothers. All William has to do is walk into the room and she begins to giggle. He loves entertaining her! She is now 14 lbs. which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight. She is in the 70th for length, and her little head is in the 15th percentile. She is handling oatmeal much better than she did rice and she loves sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, and pears. As always she is a wonderful little girl and a precious part of our family!

No comments: