Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Day Out!

Yesterday we were out of the house most of the day. It started with going to the summer movie. It was the first time that Annalise and I went. I have had John or Alea take them the other times. The movie was the Spiderwick Chronicles and the part I saw was very good only way to scary for the little ones. Luckily Bryce fell asleep and slept through most of it. From about the first 2 minutes Spencer was saying that it was too scary. He then got down onto the floor so that he wouldn't see it. Only he kept peeking between the chairs in front of him. After about 10 minutes he asked if we could just go walk around for a while. So Annalise, Spencer, William (who said it wasn't scary, just too boring...yeah right!) left the theater to walk around. Soon we saw another family from our ward who was leaving. They offered to take the two boys with them to Chick-fil-a so that I could go back in with the others. Spencer decided to go with them, but William decided to go back in. I had to leave one other time because Annalise needed a diaper change, but otherwise we made it through. I'm really glad Spencer did not stay. The end was pretty intense and even William and Jacob were a bit freaked out by it, although they did say that next to Space Chimps, this was their favorite summer movie so far.

After the movie we went to pick up Spencer at Chick-fil-a. Of course we couldn't just pick him up and go, so we had a little lunch and let the boys play for a while. They were doing some type of customer appreciation week there and so they had different games for the boys to play. That was fun for them and they all won some free breakfast items, so I guess we will be going back sometime for breakfast! Yum!!

We then dropped Alea off at her doctor's appointment and headed home. That evening John and I went to see the movie UP. It was a very cute movie. A bit of a tear jerker at times...John cried, I didn't...yet very good. I only had to leave once with Annalise and only to stand up until she fell asleep. We decided that we would go home and have a treat. However when we got home, I fed Annalise, got her to bed and then I fell asleep while putting Bryce to sleep! John was kind enough to just let me sleep. So much for treat! Oh well. I told him that he should have met me a few hours later while I was up with Annalise. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised they were showing the Spiderwick Chronicles as the summer kid movie. I saw it a while back and thought it was way to scary to be marketed to children. The books are really good - loved them. The movie is just too scary.

We loved Up!! All of the kids loved it!! I cried in the beginning of the movie too. Derrick calls it the talking dog movie. Very cute!!

Jake and Jenny said...

That is great that you were able to get out and enjoy the day. The summer is just flying by, I cant beleive it!