Sunday, June 14, 2009

Time Flies!

Since Grandma Clayton is requesting blog updates all the way from Tonga, I guess it is time to do it! It has been a busy couple of weeks. Since it is late and I probably only have an hour or two before I will have one of my little ones awake, I am going to briefly update you through pictures. That's what we really want anyway right? Not just a bunch of words!

Here is Annalise on May 26th, ready for her
car ride home from the hospital. She slept the
whole way. What a wonderful birthday gift it
was for me to be taking my little girl home!
When we arrived home the boys and Alea greeted
us with a loud surprise and "Happy Birthday".
They lead us right to the Pin the tail on the donkey
game they had set up to celebrate my birthday.
However, the game didn't last long since the boys
were much more interested in checking out
the beautiful baby sister who had just arrived
home. Here is William, Spencer, and Annalise.
We then had cake and ice cream. Can you believe
I am 39? As Spencer puts it, I am now tied with
Dad for the oldest in our family.
A couple of days after we arrived home, my sister
Sheri came back into town and came right down
to meet her newest Niece! She usually comes
to the hospital, but was out of town this time. It
was really strange not to have anyone other
than John and the boys come to visit us in the
hospital. That's what happens when you give
birth over a holiday weekend I guess!
The first week that we were home, John was home
from work. It was a good thing too because Alea
was sick all week. John really stepped up to the
plate and kept things running smoothly. Here is
a pile of laundry that he had washed. It was taller
than I am! The boys and I attacked it one Saturday
morning while John was at play practice and got it
all folded and put away. John also got to spend some
great quality time with the boys while Annalise and
I rested. We were very blessed also by many people
in our ward who brought in wonderful meals that first
week. We are very thankful for all the help we have
received!
On Tuesday, June 2nd, John went back to work. That evening my Mom came out to help us for a few days. Somehow I missed getting any pictures of her while she was here. It may be because every time she was holding Annalise, I took advantage of it and took a nap! Mom was here for 5 days and thanks to her, we now have 21 meals in the freezer that I can just take out and pop into the oven. That has been a huge blessing! She says that when she and my Dad come out for the blessing, she will fill our freezer again. How great is that?!!! The boys also loved the time she was able to spend with them. I'll have to get some pictures next time!
So that brings us up to a week ago. Throughout this week it has been back to just us...with Alea's help of course. She has been great with helping to keep the house cleaned up and taking the kids out while I have not been able to. The older boys keep asking when I will be going to the movie, pool, etc with them, so I am going to venture out to some of the places this week as well. In the past I have been out and about once the baby is about 2 weeks old, but this time I am taking a little longer. I think a lot of it has to do with the extra work that Bryce is right now. It's like having two babies and I am still trying to figure all that out. Anyway things are good and always moving forward!

3 comments:

laurie said...

Go slow! I'm sure it's tricky doing both babies. What does Bryce think of his new sister?

Shalyse said...

I love all of the new pink things you have! I love dressing Andrea in pink, but Ben likes to pick out outfits occasionally. It is cute that the boys like helping you dress her! I love all of the pictures! Thank you so much for posting them!

Unknown said...

Love that pile of laundry - it looks so, so - familiar. Only mine was piled that tall but on a king size bed. :-) Annalise is so cute, she looks so much like the rest of your family. When ever you guys are feeling up to it, you need to come down here and stay with us for a few days!!