Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Break--Part 3--Camping

Over the last weekend of Fall Break we decided to go camping. It made me a little nervous to take Bryce, but we just went up overnight, and luckily everything went well. John borrowed a pop-up trailer from a co-worker which made it a little bit nicer.

The drive up. We were heading for Black Canyon Lake, but ended up stopping at a campground just a little bit closer (I can't remember the name). I don't remember how many times the boys asked us if we were there yet. I know it was many.




We arrived after dark, so we basically built a fire, had dinner, and went to bed. I didn't get any pictures until Saturday morning. Annalise cried a good part of the time. She was not a happy camper!


Bryce and Dad


Jacob


Trying to stay warm before the fire was built.






Have a root beer...or two!






crying,


crying,




Ah, a little chocolate always helps the mood!


I kept trying to get her to look at me for the picture, and she would not!






Finally, William told me that you have to say,"look at this, Annalise!" So I did, and sure enough, she looked. Little stinker!


The camper






Annalise seemed to think that breakfast tasted better off the ground.


John using the ax to get us some more firewood.


Jacob on his bike


Annalise and Bryce just hanging out with Dad




Ah, that's better. It was quite chilly up there.




"Hey Dad, I dug and found real dirt!"


The older boys all had to try out the ax.
Jacob


Spencer




William




Not sure where she was going. Don't think she cared as long as she was going!


I took this picture right before I reminded John that I had just fed Bryce. John then lifted him up right before Bryce threw up all over him. Oops, I guess it was too late. Poor little guy!


The boys had a lot of fun on their bikes




John and the boys on their way to the lake. Annalise really wanted to follow them.


But instead she and I took a nice little nap!


Heading home. We had a fun time. I may just have to go camping with them again someday.


Also during Fall break, my sister took the 3 older boys to Jambo Park, which used to be Jeepers. And as a family we visited the Mesa Temple grounds. It was a full, fun couple of weeks. I love when my kids aren't in school!

No comments: