Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Big 4-0!

I can't believe it. Only 10 more years and I can have my mid-life crisis! 40 used to feel so old. It just doesn't seem so old anymore. Today has been a very full yet nice day. It started by John giving me my birthday gift of a new camera. I am very excited about it and once I learn how to work it, it should be great. My sister, Sheri, came down to spend the day and watch kids as I attended the various events of the day.

First, Bryce had his end of the year ice cream party this morning at 9:30. They had planned a little program and Bryce was fine until he saw me. Then he started crying and wouldn't stop until I sat on the floor with him. Luckily I was able to get a few shots of him while he was happy. He wasn't interested in the ice-cream so we just visited with the others and then came home.





This is Mrs. Elissa Cooper, Bryce's teacher. All of his teachers, aides, and the bus driver were wonderful. He loved school and I am glad that he will be going back to this same preschool next year.


After getting Bryce to sleep I left he and Annalise with my sister and went for a quick, free birthday lunch at Joe's Real Bar-B-Que and then on to William's school to see him perform in his class reader's theater. William was the tricky monkey in "Little Late Riding Hood". And although the pictures didn't turn out so well, he did a great job!








This picture shows some of his friends in "The 3 Little Elephants and the Big, Bad Mouse"


William with Mrs. Reddell...his favorite teacher so far. She was fantastic for William! I am so glad that he has had such a wonderful year this year!


Once John got home from school, we had a very quick birthday celebration with cupcakes that my visiting teachers brought over. Thanks Stephanie and Elli! Then John, William, and Jacob headed off to play rehearsal.

1 comment:

laurie said...

How did I not know about your birthday?? FB is supposed to keep me informed of this stuff! Sorry to have missed it, happy VERY late birthday.