Saturday, May 29, 2010

Change of Plans

Well, we have had a change of plans for this weekend. We were planning on driving down to Sierra Vista (about 4 hours away) to visit with some friends of ours. Unfortunately they have the stomach flu. We are totally bummed, but actually very thankful that we found out before we got there! Thank you for the call Amy! I hope you guys feel better soon! Hopefully we will be able to make the trip another time soon. We don't know for sure what we will be doing instead, but since John is still sleeping and the kids are all up playing, I thought I would get on here and catch up a bit before everyone starts wanting breakfast.

This past week has been insane. William finished school Thursday and the other boys have two more days. I think it is kind of lame that they will be going back to school for two days after Memorial day, but I guess they have to get the days in. It sounds like they will just be a couple of fun days, so the boys should like that. Well, most days this past week I have tried to at least get onto our blog and mark the day so that I can go back and add pictures and stories of our happenings. We'll see how it goes.

This week I have also started training for a 5K that I will be running later in the summer with my sisters. It was Stacie's idea. At first I thought it was a totally crazy idea. I am not a runner! I hate to run, it's 100 degrees outside, I haven't run since I was at BYU many years ago, but... she called all 4 of us girls and suggested it. How could I not jump on the bandwagon with my sisters. It is going to be interesting how it all comes together since the 5 of us live in 4 different states. We are using an app on the iPhone to train and then somehow we will all get together for a run. Should be fun. Hopefully the training will go well. Time is my biggest challenge. I was able to find a good treadmill for $50 on craigslist and did my first run on Tuesday while the little ones were sleeping. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get back on since, so this afternoon will be the day. I have the treadmill in the front room right now, but I may have to move it into my bedroom since I can't turn it on without having a little girl think she needs to be on it with me. That considerably limits the time that I do have. And if it was in my room, maybe I could run at times like this morning while she is out here playing with her brothers. John may not appreciate that since he is sleeping in there, but hey, we went to sleep at the same time...maybe it is time for him to get up. =) Oh well, I'll get it figured out. Hopefully next week will be more consistent! I really do want to do this. I am also really trying to loose some weight and haven't been very successful so far. I hope that this will give me the extra boost.

Well, things are getting a bit restless here, I guess I better go get the day started. I will be back later to fill in all the fun from last week!

edit 8 AM: this morning the snake shed it's skin and my laundry room is full of ants...it's going to be a busy day!

No comments: