Monday, May 24, 2010

The Celebration!

I was so excited about celebrating Annalise's first birthday. We had a fun day although I'm sure she didn't understand what all the hype was about. Since all of her brothers had school that morning, she and I spent some mommy/daughter time shopping. Actually she slept most of the time we were out and I was able to get her cake and some of her gifts while she slept quietly in her chair.



When the boys got home from school they helped me wrap her presents. Then after dinner we had a little family party for her. She was mesmerized by the candle on her cake.


The cake itself also intrigued her. It took her a bit to start digging in, but once Jacob gave her a taste of the frosting, she needed no more coaxing!












I think she enjoyed playing with it and squishing it between her fingers even more than eating it.






A little too much sugar perhaps?




Once we got her cleaned up, the boys helped her open her presents.
























Her first doll and stroller. It was a gift from Grandma Stephens and by far the favorite toy!


Unfortunately Dad put it together without reading the instructions and realizing there were screws to hold it all together.






So as John RE-put the stroller together, the boys enjoyed playing with Annalise's doll house...




while she waited...not so patiently...for him to finish.






She had a fun time playing with her toys. When bedtime came around she was still quite hyper and not able to settle down. Two hours later, she finally fell asleep.

In the meantime, John and I set up the treadmill that I bought on Craigslist for $50 to help me train for the 5K. The older boys had gone to bed, but Annalise and Bryce thought the treadmill was a great toy!



No comments: