Friday, May 7, 2010

Donuts for Divas, Ikea, and Girl's Night

What a wonderful day today has been! It started bright and early with Donuts for Divas at Patterson Elementary School. The school provided doughnuts and drinks for all of the kids and their moms. While we ate, they showed a video of things that the kids have done throughout the year. We had a good time, but I sure felt for the teachers after filling all those kids with sugar! Good luck!





After eating, we went outside to line up for school.




The moms were invited into the Kindergarten class for a little presentation. First Spencer showed me all the little things he had made for me.


There was a little tea pot with a poem and tea bag in it that he had colored.


a hand print plaque with a cute poem on the back


a little book with facts about me according to Spencer. If you look closely, you will learn things about me such as I am 39 years old, I weigh 70 lbs (love that boy!), I am 7 feet tall, my favorite food is pizza, and my favorite things to do are play and help my kids.


It's a little dark, but here is a picture that Spencer took of me all decked out in my special Mom's Day gifts. It was so fun to have Spencer share these things with me!


After the presentation of gifts, the kids all sang a few Mother's Day songs for us. Spencer is the boy in the second row wearing a red and white shirt.









It was a wonderful morning spent with Jacob and Spencer and I was still home by 9:00! When I got home I headed to Ikea with my sister, Bryce, and Annalise. Bryce loves to be out, so I thought he would enjoy walking through Ikea with us. WRONG!!! About 10 minutes into it, he began getting restless and we had to play little games to entertain him. We got most of what we went for, but will have to go back for the big stuff on a day when Bryce is home having fun with his respite worker! Annalise didn't care much for it either until she found that she could get to the stuff behind her and toss it on the ground for Mom or Aunt Sheri to pick up. What fun!

We ate lunch there and then made a few stops on the way home. The kids were sleeping, so Sheri stayed with them in the car while I ran in and got what we needed. It was then time to pick up kids from school so we did that, got home and send John and the boys off to the father and Son's outing.

John had worked late Thursday night so that he could take off a few hours early on Friday. He had the van packed and ready to go by the time I got home with the kids. After a potty break and a quick snack, the boys grabbed their backpacks that they had packed the night before and headed off. Hopefully they are safe and having a great time.

Sheri was kind enough to watch the two little ones for me this evening so that I could meet up with a friend of mine for dinner. It's been a few months since I have seen Shelli and it was great to catch up again. By the time I got home, Sheri had both little ones asleep. Since Sheri has to work tomorrow, she headed home to get some sleep and I decided to watch The Blind Side which I had rented while we were out and to get some blogging done.

1 comment:

laurie said...

you must have been exhausted! Probably a good night to have the bed all to yourself.