Sunday, August 9, 2009

California Trip July 15-27th

I know this is a bit overdue, but I am finally getting to it today. It is just so hard to decide which pictures not to post. I took a lot! We had so much fun, I just want to share all of them.

So it all began a few months ago when John called me from work and said that there was an engine show that he wanted to go to. Well, I went with him to one shortly after we were married and I knew I had no desire to go...that is until he told me that it was being held in Vallejo, California. That is only about an hour and a half from where my parents live in Riverbank. I thought that sounded great and so we started making plans. John would have to be back to work on Monday, but after driving all that way, I knew I would want to visit with my family a little longer. So we bought a plane ticket home for John. My sister offered to drive back home with me and the kids. I've driven that route and more before on my own, but that was before Bryce had his issues and before Annalise was born, so I agreed that this would be a good way to go this time. It didn't quite work out that way, but there will be more on that in a bit.

So Wed. afternoon (the 15th) after getting out of the hospital with Bryce and then losing a flip flop in the mud while trying to fix a water leak, the kids and I headed up to an orthotics appointment where John met us. Once we finished that appointment we went to Sonic for dinner and then dropped John's car at the airport long term parking and began our trip to California. It was a rough start, but finally the kids and I all fell asleep and John took us on into Indio where we had a hotel booked for the night. The next morning we got up, John and the boys went for an early morning swim and we got back on the road. The drive Thursday went pretty well and at about 6 pm. we arrived at my parents house. We hung out with my sister Stacie (from Texas) and her 4 boys until they left early Sunday morning. My sister Debbie (from Utah) and her husband were also there until Sunday. After sending John off Sunday evening, we spent the rest of our time there hanging out with my parents, my sister Sheri, and my sister Kim and her family.

This is my family at a delicious Chinese restaurant
that Kim and Tim took us to in Stockton. Grandpa
decided that he would rather stay home and take
care of the kids, so it was just adults except for
Bryce and Annalise.


My niece Lauren holding Annalise.


Jacob, Madie, William, and Spencer watching while
Lauren played the Wii. The boys loved playing Mario
Cart while we were there.


We celebrated Spencer's birthday while we
were there.


Spencer and Madie with the presents from Grandma
and Grandpa.


The kids all had a sleep over at grandma's house
one night. Once we got them all to sleep, it was
great.


Bryce hanging out with his cousin Tanner.


The kids built a huge fort in Grandma's living room.
Also William is showing off his rubber band ball that
he made while we were there.

Jacob and Lauren peeking out of the fort.


A fun trip to McDonald's. Why do I always look
so tired? The kids loved playing with their cousins.
They all got along so well. I wish we lived closer
to some of our family.

Well, there is more to come about our trip, but it is time for dinner here now, so I must go for now. I will share more in a bit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why do you always look so tired? Um keep in mind that picture is taken in a McDonalds and you have a lot of children with you. I'm sure if you it was just you and John, you wouldn't look so tired.