Monday, August 17, 2009

Wheelchair Clinic

Today Bryce and I spent most of the day in Phoenix at the CRS Wheelchair clinic. He was measured and fitted for a Kid Kart. It's a little wheelchair/stroller thing that is going to be wonderful I'm sure. All the regular strollers that I have tried just don't give him the support he needs anymore. They said that it will take 2-3 months to get his chair which seems ridiculous, but I'm beginning to realize that this is just how it works. I'm so glad that Heidi Steele, a lady from our ward, found him a high/low chair at DI for $35! It is an answer to prayers. It doesn't have the tray anymore, but it has wheels, supports him well, and can be pushed up to the table when he needs a tray. This is the type of chair we have been trying to get approved though the insurance since May without any luck. I am so glad she found this one and now with the Kid Kart coming for outside of the house, we should be set on those items. Now to work on getting a walker, a stander, and a bath chair for him...ah, all in good time I guess.

While in Phoenix I stopped in at St. Joes Hospital to see a member of our ward who was suppose to be in there for another 8-10 weeks. When I asked about her, they said she wasn't in their system so I made a phone call and found out that she had been released. That's great news I guess, but a little strange at the same time. I'll have to find out more information on that one. I hope she is doing well.

We also stopped at IKEA on the way home. I love that place. I only needed a couple of things and I knew exactly where to get them, so it was a quick trip. Then I headed for home, picked up the kids from three different houses where they were being taken care of, returned an overdue video to the library (good thing we found that one!), and returned home to warm up some leftovers for dinner. Unfortunately it was a bit of a stressful evening and I wasn't a very nice mommy while trying to get everyone's homework done, dinner finished up, and getting everyone into bed. I really don't like times like that. I always feel guilty once they have fallen asleep and I see them lying so peacefully and looking so sweet. I do love my kids. I hope they always know that...even when I'm mean. =(

Tomorrow Bryce and I head back up to Phoenix bright and early. This time we are going to PCH for a skin biopsy to rule out yet another disease. We have to be up there at 6:30 AM, so hopefully we will be home before too late. I plan to make a quick stop at Walmart while I'm out to pick up a few important things that we are almost out of. You know, diapers, good nights, pediasure, bread, milk, ICE CREAM...important stuff like that! Spencer has music that afternoon and William has Cub Scouts that evening, so it looks like another busy day. Oh, by the way, I am on the hunt for another Mother's Helper. I think I will be a lot more picky this time around, but I sure struggle on days like these and could use some extra help. I have to say though, even though it's a bit more of a juggling act right now, I know we made the right decision on letting her go. I continue to find things out that I was not aware of and wow, Wow, we'll just leave it at that for now! But anyhow, if you know of anybody interested in making a few extra dollars while working for a crazy family...let me know! Our guest house will also be available for rent by September 1st. So please, spread the word!

1 comment:

laurie said...

I would go crazy doing all the running around you have to do. I think you are deserving of a crouchy time or two. I think our kids are also equipped with some type of memory eraser when they are sleeping! Hope you find someone soon.