Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh What A Day!

Wow, where do I begin. Most of today was spent at the hospital with John. He had a lipoma removed. The doctor is sure it is just fatty tissue, but he is sending it to the lab just to be sure. Tonight he is resting and still on pain medicine so he is feeling pretty good.

Tonight I also let my mother's helper go. Although this really has been something I have thought about for some time now, it was not easy to do. I hate (I know that's a bad word, but it's the only word strong enough here) confrontation. I am no good at it. The past couple of weeks there have been various "last straws", but I have always chickened out and just changed her duties to avoid the issue as much as possible. However, I have been running out of options and some things happened today that I just couldn't overlook. I'm a Mom and my number one concern is my children's safety and well being. Although I feel relieved about letting her go and know it was the right decision, I feel so bad for her. We gave them the option of continuing to live in the guest house as renters and were willing to work with them to make that an option, but they chose to move out and I guess that is for the best all around. I really do hope for the best for them. Oh, and the pictures from our trip are still coming as well as news and pictures from the adventures of the last couple of days. =)

5 comments:

laurie said...

Wow, you did have a stressful day. Glad to hear John is going to be Ok, and as hard as it was, I'm so glad you rectified your helper situation. Definitely for the best.

Shelli said...

I want to be happy for you, I really do...but selfishly I am very sad that I have to carpool again and find new primary teachers. Now that that is off my chest I can say that I'm not sure how you lasted this long.

Heather said...

ewwww, the dreaded confrontation. Good for you, you did it. I hope Jess is helping alittle bit. I will have to tell you what she told me about your helper last time she was there.

Tammy said...

Jess is a great help! The kids and I both love it when she comes over. Ok, it's now 11:00 pm and I am dying to know what she said...but I guess I won't call you tonight!

Unknown said...

Yes you definitely needed to get rid of your unhelpful "helper." Hopefully you can find the help that you need.