Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Favorite Song

I just heard the song, "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean for the first time. This might be an old song, I have no idea. I don't listen to much other than kids songs these days but I went to a friends blog and this was playing. I loved the lyrics and looked up the video and watched it. Ok, I blubbered through the whole thing. Granted we just returned from Phoenix Children's Hospital and I am always more emotional after spending time there and meeting new parents who are there with their children, but wow, that is one powerful song. It is taking every bit of my strength not to go over to the school right now and take my kids out and run to the park to play with them. The fact that it is like 110 degrees outside and I'll see them in about an hour is helping, but I miss my kids while they are away...even for only a couple of hours!

7 comments:

Heather said...

This is my most favorite song. It is an oldy but it gets you everytime. So glad you like it too.

Shelli said...

DITTO TO HEATHER

laurie said...

Even if it's old, it's still new to you and "yes", fabulous. Totally laughing about the 110 degree weather, spoils everything!

Jake and Jenny said...

I love that song too!

Jenn C. said...

I love that song. I need to listen to it more often so I appreciate them more. I do think that I am getting to a stage in life where I realize that being little passes so quickly. Since Joseph is our last baby I really try to hold him and remember more things. I love being a mother!!!

Jodi said...

The song that had me weeping and weeping was "You're gonna miss this". I can't remember who it is by--if you haven't heard it though, you should.

Tammy said...

Jodi I just listened to that song and yes that is a good one too! Although for me it makes me wish I had enjoyed being single more. HaHa! Although I would NEVER trade what I have now for those days, there are times that I really miss the freedom I had for so many years. I had no idea...