Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

So I ended up staying with my parents one extra day since my car was in the shop. Since I had extra time, my sister Kim and I drove down to Turlock to see the town where I grew up. Tanner and Annalise tagged along.


This is the house where I lived during my teenage years.
They have changed the color of it, and taken out the
big tree in the front, but I still recognized my old house.
I would have loved to have gone inside to see it again.

Donnely Park. We use to love going here to feed
the ducks.
One of my Elementary schools. I still remember
that Mr. Haydock was the principal.
This was my Jr. High. They have changed the name
and painted it, but I would know that school anywhere!


Turlock High School!


They had these signs all over by the
High School. I knew it was old, but I
had no idea it was 100 years old!


See those men working on that wall? That is where
my locker used to be. And those brick things around
the bushes, that's where my friends and I would sit
and hang out to talk. They didn't have the picnic
benches there when I went to school there.


It was amazing how much Turlock has changed since I was there 21 years ago! They even have a Qdoba there where we stopped for lunch before going back to my parents house. I wouldn't want to live there again, but it was fun to visit and see the place again.

2 comments:

Shalyse said...

It is fun to see pictures of your old schools, your house growing up and other things! THanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Do you remember when I went to High School with you one day? I thought it was so cool! I got to make pottery, which was awesome.