Thursday, February 4, 2010

68 layoffs!

That's what happened at Orbital Sciences today, and more are expected tomorrow. It is so sad to know that so many families are now without employment. Luckily John was spared this time around and things are actually looking really good for him. They did shut down the project that he has been working on for over a year now, but, they have given him a new position. His new title is: Orbital Ground Support Equipment Lead. (GSE Lead). Yeah, I can never remember that. I had to email John at work and ask him to tell me again what he does. This is what he said: "I now have a team of five individuals who report to me, but some of them also have people working for them as well. I also have lots to learn about this new position and the equipment for which we are responsible." He is very excited about the new challenge. I know he will do a great job. I am very lucky to have a husband who has a job that he enjoys and who will keep on working even when times get tough! We feel very blessed.

1 comment:

Jenn C. said...

I am so happy to hear about John's job!