Friday, February 12, 2010

Today in a Nutshell

Sooo much has been going on and so many things I need to blog about, but I don't seem to be finding the time to get things down. Today was a little stressful as it was nonstop and a few times I wasn't sure I could get everything done in time to meet the next item on the agenda. However, somehow everything worked out and although I am exhausted tonight, I'm glad that what got done today, got done. I'm too tired to go into details now, so I'll just kind of list today's basic activities and fill in the gaps tomorrow(hopefully). Later in life, when I am bored and sitting around wondering what I should do, I want to be able to look back on what I did during these crazy times.

It started with getting everybody ready for school
took Bryce to the bus stop
came home and had hot cocoa with the boys, trying to warm up from being outside.
made little autograph books for the boys to take to school with them
got William, Jacob, and Spencer out the door with all of their book reports, reading logs, projects and Valentine cards.
Called and got a Dr. appt. for Annalise.
Fed and bathed Annalise.
Left for Annalise's appointment.
Put gas in the van (I had been on E for a couple of days)
Picked up Valentine treats for William's class at school...the brownies I had planned on just weren't going to get done in time!
Saw Dr. Nason and found that Annalise has yet another ear infection and some type of bacterial infection on her bum. Poor baby.
Took enrollment papers over to the new school where Jacob and Spencer will be going beginning next week.
Came home, strapped Annalise onto me and headed down to pick Bryce up at 11AM.
Came home, fed Bryce and Annalise
welcomed Spencer home from school
fixed lunch for Spencer
put the little ones down for naps
let Spencer show me all of his "treasures" he got from school
switched the laundry
took Tylenol for a throbbing headache
loaded everyone up into the van and headed out again.
Went to Ben Franklin charter school to sign the withdraw papers for Jacob and Spencer and to drop off the treats for William's classroom.
Dropped Annalise's prescriptions off at Walgreen's
took the withdraw papers back to Patterson Elementary (the boy's new school)
Went back to BFCS to pick up William and Jacob after school. We got there about 10 minutes before the bell rang and while we were sitting there, a firetruck and an ambulance drove in with sirens on. I don't know exactly what happened, there is a lot of speculation, but one of the students had to be taken away by ambulance. So we had to park and get everyone out and go up and get the kids.
Got everyone back into the van
headed back to Walgreen's to pick up Annalise's meds
dropped off Nicole
went home
switched laundry again
fed B and A
made dinner (mac and cheese) for the older boys
picked up the babysitters (yes, it takes two when we leave all of them home...and John actually did the picking up)
changed clothes and headed to the church for a dinner and dancing enrichment date night which was actually a lot of fun...thanks to the great couples there.
returned home to a house full of mostly sleeping kids
got William into bed and
sat down here to blog...but I'm falling asleep at the computer, so...
Now I am off to bed! Oh, how I hope Bryce and Annalise sleep better tonight then they did last night!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You are so much more busy than I am!!! You are amazing!!!!!!

Why are the boys changing schools? And not William? Will that make life easier or harder?

Good luck with it all, and I hope Annalise feels better soon!

laurie said...

I need a nap just from reading about your day!

Jenn C. said...

WoW! How do you keep everything straight? You are amazing! Why are the boys switching schools? Is Annalise feeling better? I hope so!

Unknown said...

Whoa - Ok you win the prize for being the busiest mom I know. And I'm sorry the prize is not that great - you just get to feel justified in your tiredness. Hope things slow down for you.