Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 16--First Day at Patterson Elementary

So yesterday Jacob and Spencer became official members of the Patterson Pride! They are now going to Patterson Elementary in the Chandler school district. I know this seems really sudden, but it is something we have been tossing around in our minds for a while. There are a few reasons for the decision, but the main one is that this is what feels right for our boys and our family at this time. A lot of thought, prayer, and looking at all of our options went into this. It is tough to make a big decision like this, but I really hope it will work out well for them. William is still at Benjamin Franklin charter school for now and totally thriving this year.

Two very excited boys on the first day of going to their new school.


They both wore sweats on the first day...mainly because they could. Jacob loves that he can choose what he wears...even to school.




Spencer now goes to all day kindergarten. So far, he loves it and seems to be fine with being there all day! He was so excited that he would be able to have lunch at school like his big brothers.


Here we are in front of the school. Jacob was really nervous at this point. He kept saying, "but I'm shy. I don't have any friends here." When he got home, he announced that he has 17 new friends! That's my Jacob. Shy?...not for long!


Yesterday I took the boys to school and they rode the bus home. Today I let them ride both ways. They loved it. Yesterday, Jacob was a little hot riding the bus home so he decided that he would wear shorts to school. He was fine at school, but waiting for the bus this morning was a little chilly. He and Spencer decided to share my jacket until their bus came.


Getting on the bus, heading for school. They climbed right on without even looking back. I can't believe how grown up they are getting to be. Seeing his brothers get onto the bus made William wish that he was going with them. Some day, some day!

So we now have 4 children going to 3 different schools. It appears that simplifying my life is not a talent of mine! =)

It was really strange to walk home with just Annalise. I don't know what I am going to do when I send my last child off to school for the day. Although I must admit I like my bit of quiet time in the morning, I miss my babies while they are away.

No comments: