Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Great Phone Calls

This evening we got two great phone calls. Both regarding Bryce. The first one was from the couple who referred to themselves as Bryce's fairy God Parents. They are the volunteers who will be Bryce's wish granters from Make-A-Wish. They asked if I had a few minutes to talk, I told them that I did, and an hour later we scheduled a time for them to come over and meet with us. They started off the conversation asking me all kinds of questions about Bryce...favorite TV shows, favorite toys, movies, colors, clothes sizes, all kinds of questions about him. They then asked me the same questions for all of the other children. After that they asked what Bryce's favorite thing to eat is. Well, he doesn't eat much at all by mouth right now, but pizza, mac and cheese, yogurt, and grilled cheese sandwiches have always been favorites. They asked about treats and I said ice cream. They then asked if the other boys liked those foods and if they had any certain candy or drinks that they especially like. After asking all of the questions they said that they would like to come out one evening and bring us dinner and a few gifts for the kids and talk to Bryce and us about his wish. So we set up the date for this Friday evening...March 5th! They sound so nice. He is actually a fire fighter here in Queen Creek. They even talked to Bryce on the phone and told him who they were and that they would be bringing him his very own pizza and some toys and that they can't wait to meet him. They told me of a website to look at with Bryce to get some ideas of what he might like as his wish. I sat with him and the other boys and looked this morning. It was fun to see his face light up as we talked about different possibilities. Friday should be a lot of fun for all of us. I have decided that one day, probably after our kids are raised I would love to be a volunteer for Make-A-Wish. What a neat thing to do!

The other phone call came while I was talking with Jeff from Make-A-Wish. It was Bryce's Occupational therapist. She said that she and been in touch with the PT that would be doing Bryce's evaluation for his communication device mount and that they could both come out on Monday afternoon to do the evaluation. They had told me last week that the PT would not be able to get out here until the end of March, so I am very pleased with that. Hopefully that will go well and we can get that moving again.

2 comments:

laurie said...

Wow, that is definitely an exciting weekend. So happy there're a few rays of sunshine on the Clayton home!

Jodi said...

I just got shivers reading your two latest posts. Sending all my love to you and to Bryce!