Friday, February 19, 2010

Backtracking--Talent Show and Field Trip

Aside from all the normal daily activities, we have had a few others that I haven't gotten a change to blog about. Since I have a few minutes here while Annalise is sleeping and the boys are all at school, I am going to backtrack a little bit and get a few things in here.

First, we'll go back to Monday February 8th. This was the night of the school talent show. My boys hadn't tried out for it since originally it was going to be on a night that we already had something planned. However, William's friend Nicole had tried out and was going to be singing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" in the show. On Friday afternoon she asked William if he would play for her. He agreed! Until that time, he had never played the song, but with some practice he was sure he could do it. So he quickly learned the song and on Sunday Nicole came over and they practiced together. Monday night came and they were both very excited. They practiced on the piano there and did quite well. During the performance, William got a little nervous and struggled a bit, but they got through it. I was so proud of both of them for getting up on stage and performing. They are way braver than I am!!! William has already picked out what he wants to play for next year's show!

Don't they look great?!


Practicing before the performance.




During the performance.


The following day was the third grade field trip. William really wanted me to go this year and so I finally agreed to sign up. His teacher picked 4 parents to go with them out of all that had signed up for it and guess what...I was the third parent picked. William was elated!!! Me...well, I hadn't ever been so I guess it was my turn. So that morning my sister came down and watched the little ones for me and helped with Bryce's therapies that day and I went off to the Mesa Art Museum to watch Peter and the Wolf with a bunch of third graders. It actually ended up to be a nice time to spend with William and get to know some of his friends this year. It's nice to have an idea of who he is talking about when he tells me things about school.

William on the bus, all ready to go!





Aaron and Devin, a couple of William's friends that were in our group.


Waiting in line for the show. There were a bunch of schools there that day. Here are a few more friends of Williams. Dawson, who William always refers to as "the one boy who is shorter than I am", Aaron, Issac, and Carl. They are all very nice boys.

We ended up waiting for about a half an hour after the show for the buses to show up. I'm not sure what happened with that, but we had a bunch of bored kids who needed to go to the bathroom standing in the middle of a parking lot nowhere near a bathroom. We were a little concerned, but we made it home without any accidents! Also my iPhone came in really handy as we played games on it while waiting for the bus.. The kids all loved it and William's teacher kept thanking me for keeping everyone entertained.

No comments: