Monday, February 8, 2010

Riding the Bus

Well, we sent Bryce off to school this morning for the first time on the bus. It was harder than I thought it would be! His bus comes at 7:20 and since we live tucked in like we do, we have to walk out to Grapefruit rd. for him to catch the bus. We have been talking up riding the bus and each day when I would pick him up, we would watch as the buses pulled out of the school. He always gets so excited. This morning was no different. All the kids and I got ready early and headed out to the bus stop together to see Bryce off. He was so cute and so excited when we talked about it.














When he saw the bus coming, I thought he was going to jump out of his chair with excitement.



















Getting up with the ramp. Now this is what we need in our van!!!


However, I guess I forgot to tell him that he would be riding the bus without the rest of us.


As he went into the bus, he began crying so hard! That is when my heart sank! Oh, how our child's tears can have such an affect on us!!! I wanted to grab him off right then and take him in my arms and tell him it would be OK, but instead, I kept a smile on and the boys and I just kept waving and reassuring him from where we were.




He comes home in two hours and I can't wait until it is time to go pick him up from the bus stop. I hope he did well and settled down once the bus got moving.

4 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

That brought tears to my eyes! He will do so great and I love that you were all there to cheer him on!

laurie said...

So very sweet. Poor Bryce, I'm sure he was fine and he will get used to it. Poor Mama, I'm sure you will be fine too and you will also get used to it. Hope it's a happy reunion!

Jodi said...

I felt like crying myself while reading this. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you. How did he do? Hopefully, he will get used to it soon!

Katy said...

How was his first day of school?? I hope he enjoys it. I am sure it was hard, I hope that it won't take too long for you both to get settled into the routine and I really hope he enjoys preschool.