Friday, April 30, 2010

The End of the Story...I Hope!

Sorry, it has been a really crazy, busy couple of days and I haven't gotten back to finish off the Jacob/Spencer story. Everything seems to have turned out OK for now. It seems that Jacob's sensitive, tender heart was the only thing that had gotten him into trouble.

I went in to the school Wednesday morning and talked with the nurse. The principal wasn't available. I asked her how things had gone the day before on the bus. She said that they were able to see who was causing the problems and told me his first name. She said that the principal would be calling him into the office that day and would be calling his mother. I then explained what had happened with Jacob when he got home Tuesday and she assured us that they know it was not Jacob. I guess the principal first thought that Spencer had said it was Jacob, but then realized it was the other boy. She said that the principal had told everyone in that area to keep their hands to themselves and explained the no bullying policy to them. She was stern about it, which is actually a good thing. Unfortunately Jacob is just like I was when I was little and anytime that anyone near him is in trouble or if anyone says anything in a slightly raised voice, he thinks they are talking to him and takes it all way too personally. I should have realized before that this could have been the problem, but I didn't think about it at the time. Anyway, the nurse talked to Jacob and told him how proud they are of him for telling us what happened and how lucky Spencer is to have a big brother like him, which made Jacob feel much better. Personally I think that the principal still owes Jacob an apology for accusing him at first, but I won't push that one.

So, I never have gotten a phone call from the principal, but the boys said that Joseph no longer sits with them. So now it is just my two boys that sit together in the seat...and we are all just fine with that!!!

No comments: