Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Type of Green!

So on labor day, the boys were playing in their room while John and I were in the kitchen. Pretty soon we see them run through the kitchen and out the back door. Then minutes later, they all run back in the house and back to their bedroom without saying a word to us. We thought it was a little strange, but kept on doing what we were doing. Pretty soon, Jacob comes out and tells me that he has bought me the biggest jewel in the world and gives me a pretend jewel. I played along and thanked him for it and asked him where he got the money for such a great jewel. He started laughing and told me that they had gotten some leaves from outside and were pretending that it was money. When I went into their room, this is what I saw.






They had given each leaf a $ value depending on it's size. I think that in this picture William is holding the $1000 leaves, Jacob has one worth $100, and Spencer has the $1 leaves.

Pretty clever kids if you ask me. I guess for these boys, money really does grow on trees!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me guess - William decided how much each leaf was worth?

Tammy said...

Oh, I see that you know him well! And you did notice that he is the one with the leaves worth the most. Yep...that's my William.

laurie said...

Nice creativity!