Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Long weekends are great. Let's see, what did we do over the weekend? Well, I guess the highlights of Saturday were irrigation, the cool thunderstorms, and haircuts for all the boys. The funny thing is that we enjoyed all of these things all at the same time. Our time for irrigation was at 9:30 Saturday morning. When we woke up, it was raining. Funny how that works. You know, it's kind of like all you have to do is wash your car and it rains. Well lately it seems to be the same way with irrigation, if you want it to rain, all you have to do is sign up for irrigation...and you get both at the same time. =) Anyway, the boys all needed haircuts so before irrigation began we took all the boys outside and John buzzed them as we listened to the thunder and watched the lightning. Bryce was scared by the thunder at first, but soon grew to love it. I believe it was because each time we would see lightning, John would count until the thunder came and then Bryce would laugh and laugh. He thought that was great. After haircuts were through, I took Bryce in for his bath while John got irrigation started and he and the three older boys played and floated boats in the irrigation water. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the fun.

Then on Sunday we went to church and I spent Sunday School hour in the nursery with Bryce and most of the Relief Society hour in the mother's lounge or hall with Annalise. Didn't get a whole lot out of the meetings that day, although Sacrament meeting was really great. I always love testimony meetings. I forgot to blog about this last week, but John and 3 other guys sang in Sacrament Meeting last Sunday. They did a fantastic job. They sang "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and it sounded really good. I love this song, but the funny part was this. While they were singing, of course I had all of the kids with me. At one point during the song, William and Jacob were talking a bit too much while drawing, Spencer was throwing a fit and crying to me about something, and I had both Bryce and Annalise on my lap trying to keep them quiet. I then realized that I wasn't listening to the song, so I started paying more attention and what I heard over and over was "there is no end, there is no end, there is no end." I know they were singing other beautiful words along with those, but somehow that is what I heard over and over. I just kept thinking sing something else! There must be an end to some of this! I actually found that quite humorous somehow at the time.

Then that evening we were invited over for games and treats at the Arriaga's house. Since leaving all 5 kids is just too much for one young babysitter, I got the two little ones down to bed and then left them all with a sitter. We had so much fun! Just talking, playing games and laughing. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was us, the Arriagas, the Joneses, and the Petersons. We were up way too late, and ate way too much junk, but it sure was fun!

We didn't do anything too exciting Monday morning, but that afternoon we spent at the Crandall's home. We took some of our beef from the cow we just had processed and enjoyed a good bar-b-que and some great company!

At the end of the evening. Tired boy...and Dad!


Also, we got word Monday morning that my Uncle Dale passed away. He has been very sick for a long time, so it is nice to know that he is feeling better now.

2 comments:

Jenn C. said...

I am so glad that you all came over. My kids love playing with your kids. Thanks for bringing all of that meat too. Let's get together again soon.

laurie said...

You always have such great stories. Way to keep a smile.