Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shandoh--Our New Van

Last Saturday we found a new van! We were able to bring it home on Wednesday. It is a 15 passenger van. We were planning on getting a 12 passenger van or a suburban, but decided on this one for a couple of different reasons. First it was a great deal which made it hard to pass up and second, because we realized that the extra space will come in handy when the time comes that we need to install a wheelchair lift in our van. Being realistic, that time is probably not too far off, so we decided to go ahead with this one now. We bought this van from a great grandmother named Peggy who is raising 5 of her grandchildren. She is a spunky woman who seemed to be full of life. Before she owned it, it was a government vehicle and it appears to have been very well cared for by both.



It is SO long! And those step things were added by Peggy. She decided that the step that was there before was too dangerous and so she took it off and added these. I think they look kind of goofy, but hey whatever works I guess!




John's family always names their cars, so this one had to get a name as well. At first we considered the name Bully since it says that right here on these steps...


but we then decided to go with Shandoh due to the kabump that appears to have been earned and placed on the van's backside. Ok this probably doesn't make sense to many people, only to those who have seen the movie Gallivants. Gallivants is a movie from Feature Films for Families that our boys have watched many times. If you want to know the story of the kabump, just let me know and you can borrow the video. Anyway, this little "extra" piece at the end reminds me of a kabump...so there you have it!
It comes with a DVD player, which was the selling point for the boys.


Plenty of cup holders up front for my drinks that I seem to always have with me.





The seat are in great condition.


The boys love that they can each have their own bench!


Peggy had also just had brand new tires and alloy rims mounted. We thought that was a great bonus!
I think that I will really love this van once I get used to driving something so huge!

6 comments:

Jenn C. said...

That van looks awesome! How nice to have lots of room.

Heather said...

Wow you got a big van, how fun. I am a big cup holder person too, it is always a selling point when I pick out my cars.

laurie said...

You'll get used to it and you will love it! Very excitng.

Debbie said...

Yippy!!! I am so glad you were able to find something. It looks so nice also!

Becca said...

Before you know it you'll be driving confidently and swinging that big van around like Dorothy was hers at Christmas time.

Bet the seats won't stay so nice and clean for super long. I can see why you are considering a no eating in the car rule.

Unknown said...

Love it!! and you will too!!