Monday, September 20, 2010

Baltimore!

Bryce has an appointment with Dr. Raymond from Kennedy Krieger Institute on Oct. 20th. He is a Pediatric Neurologist and research scientist who works with children with Leukodystophy and other rare disorders. We have talked about going out of state to get a second opinion for quite some time. I feel like although we have great doctors that we are working with here, we are (and have been for a while now) at a standstill and it is time to look further and see if we can find someone who may have some answers. It does make me nervous because it is far and travels won't be cheap or easy, but I can't just sit back and watch him get worse, if there is a chance of finding someone/something that could help him. We have to try to do whatever we can. Dr. Raymond comes highly recommended and getting in touch with him has been in the back of my mind for a while. I decided to call and look into it today. When I first spoke with the intake lady, she said that she would get the information to the right office. She said that they would then look it over and decide if they would see Bryce, and then call to set up an appointment. She said to expect that call in 2-3 weeks. She called me back less than 2 hours later and said that she had talked with the doctor and given him Bryce's information and they wanted to go ahead and set up an appointment. Crazy! I thought it would be next year some time by the time we would get in. Wish us luck and I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good luck! I am so glad they got you in so fast.