Sunday, October 3, 2010

10 Busy Days

Wow, it only took me a month to get all of the posts in from our Colorado trip. Hopefully the Oklahoma trip won't take as long to post. Before I get onto posting that trip though, I'll do a quick fill-in of the week and a half we had between trips. You know it was also full! =)

The biggest thing during this time is that the boys would be starting school. The school they go to has sort of a modified year round schedule so they start early, have 2 weeks off for fall break, 2 for Christmas, 2 for Spring, and then 6 for Summer. Normally I like it, but it didn't work out so well with the timing of the Clayton reunion this year. So anyway, they would be starting one week from the day we got home from Colorado, so between therapies, we stayed busy that week with back-to-school shopping, meet the teacher, playing chess, killing scorpions (two in one week!), and cub scouts. I even taught the boys how to play jacks one day. That was really fun...and funny!

Here is a hat that Jacob bought at the dollar store while we were out shopping for school items.


These are pictures of meet the teacher. Thursday was the one for Bryce. He went back to the same school, so he was familiar with the room and the teachers and was very excited to be there again.




Then Friday was the one for the older boys. They had us start out in the gym which Annalise thought was just fine.


Here are the boys playing chess. A new found favorite game. They are really quite good at it also! John has taught them to play...I don't play that one or scrabble, which they also like.


Then on Monday the 26th the boys all started school. I have already posted about their first day of school, so I won't do that again here. They went to school for Monday thru Thursday and then we took them out for 7 school days. Unfortunately they had a much harder time adjusting to school once we came back.

Tuesday and Wed. I washed and packed. Also on Tuesday I was in charge of cubs, so I did that. Wednesday, my friend Adrianna and her kids were in town so the kids and I got together with her for a couple of hours. Also on Wednesday while I was trying to get things packed I got a phone call for a reminder of an appointment we had for Bryce at the genetics clinic in Phoenix on Thursday at 1:30. The bad thing was that I knew nothing about this appointment and we were planning on leaving at noon. However, we had been waiting a long time to get into the genetics clinic and they said that if we couldn't make it on Thursday, we would not be able to get in until Aug. of 2011. So, we adjusted our plans and instead of leaving at noon, we headed to the clinic. It was a good meeting with the neurologists and the geneticists who were basically stumped, but had a couple of ideas of where to go from here which include some DNA testing. However, I still haven't heard anything from them, so I don't know if anything will come from it or not. Then after the appointment, we returned home to finish packing the car and to head out to Monkey Island, OK. for the Clayton Family Reunion!

1 comment:

laurie said...

You have been quite the busy blogging bee! Your summer was crazy busy! It's fun to travel and not be stuck at home all summer. Loved hearing about your race too. Gotta love altitude!