Friday, April 9, 2010

A Day Full of Adventure

Today has been a day full of adventures...some planned, and some not! Once we got Bryce, Jacob, and Spencer onto their buses, William, Annalise, and I headed to William's school. He had been chosen as Student of the Month for March and at flag ceremony, they gave each child chosen as student of the Month a special certificate and a pencil.


It's hard to tell which one is William, but he is in the third row back, third one from the right.




While I was trying to take this one, William kept telling me to just hurry up because his class was leaving and he wanted to go into class with them. In the background you can see his principal Mr. Lee with our friend Trevor who was also student of the month. I'm so proud of William. He is really doing a great job this year and has made some really good friends. He has really begun to come out of his shell at school and it is fun to hear his teacher tell of the new things she is discovering about him. She has been a great teacher for William!


This is Trevor's dad, Jim, who is a good friend of ours. He held Annalise for me while I took the pictures. She snuggled right up to him.

After getting a few pictures, I headed home. As I was turning onto the road before ours, I saw a bunch of commotion going on in the road in front of me. There was a lady there with a horse and I stopped and asked her if she needed help. She pointed a ways off and said, "just keep track of that horse!" So as the horse disappeared around the corner I took off after it. But then I thought that I couldn't really do any good by following the horse, so I went back and ask if someone would like a ride over with me to find the horse. Another lady there got in and we took off to chase her horse. It ends up that they had been riding and her horse got spooked by some miniature horses and bucked her off. She had a pretty bad bump on her head and said her tail bone was killing her. Anyway, we found the horse a few roads over with some other horses, the guy who owned them, and a few other people who had seen the horse on the run and followed it. The lady thanked me, hopped out of the car, and I went on my way. Hopefully she is ok and the rest of their trip was uneventful! It was kind of a weird thing, but it felt good to be at the right place at the right time to help someone.

When I got home, I fed Annalise and put her down for her morning nap. I began making cupcakes and getting a few things ready for William's party. Then I opened the fridge and found a little surprise. The boys had cleaned up after breakfast (wonderful!), but one of them, who shall remain nameless, had put the pitcher of milk in on it's side and it had dumped all over and was now a lovely waterfall streaming down the sides of the fridge and out the door. Although it really did need to be done, cleaning the fridge was not in my plans for the day!

Once I got that cleaned up and the cupcakes out of the oven, Annalise and I headed out to pick up Bryce from the bus. On the way, I got a phone call about Bryce's sleep study. The nurse told me that the results were abnormal and that the Pulmonologist wants Bryce and I to come in Tuesday to discuss the results and what we will need to do for Bryce.

On the way back from the bus, our bug man drove up and waved as he passed us. I forgot that he was coming today, but luckily we were on our way home, so that was all good!

William had a half day at school so he got home a little after noon and once I fed the little ones and got them down for naps, William and I frosted cupcakes together. That was fun.

Then William played while I made some phone calls trying to find a place to take our new lift in to get fixed. Yes, it broke down again. So frustrating! Exactly one week after the last time. This time John isn't able to fix it and so I am doing it manually for now! It only takes 82 cranks to get the lift up! I should be getting some good muscles over the weekend! Hopefully we can get it working for good soon!

Then at 3:15 we walked down to pick Jacob and Spencer up at the bus stop and got home just a little bit before the party began. Spencer said that he had a great time on his field trip. It would have been a lot of fun to go with him, but it just didn't work out this time. Maybe next time!

1 comment:

laurie said...

lost horses, spilled milk, 82 cranks??? You need some Calgon!