Monday, April 26, 2010

Sucks to be a Kid

So tonight I found out some very disturbing news. It appears that Spencer has been getting beat up (as Jacob put it) on the bus on his way home from school. I guess some other kindergarten kid keeps telling him that he is going to beat him up and he grabs Spencer by the head and hits his head against the seat and punched him in "his private parts" This in and of itself is very disturbing, however the fact that I got this news from Jacob instead of Spencer also bothers me. Everyday after school I talk to my boys about their day, and the only thing I can get out of Spencer most days is, "It was great." Well, tell me about school. "It was great" Tell me about the bus. "It was great" Well, I hate to tell you, but if you are getting beat up...IT ISN'T GREAT!!! I worry about Spencer because he is often in his own little world. He is so happy go lucky and nothing seems to bother him...including being treated like this on the bus. Something is wrong with that! Talk to me, boy!

Anyway, I also am ticked about this whole situation because the school is so adamant that "because they are concerned about the child's safety", they will not let them off of the bus unless I am there to pick them up. Well, that is fine, but maybe they need to be a little more concerned about what is happening while the child is in their care instead of what might happen to them in the two minutes they are walking home with their siblings and other neighbor boy...who I totally trust! GRRR! I will be talking with the school tomorrow and it looks like I may be driving them to and from school again after all! I hate mean kids!

Other crappy news from today is that I took Bryce to be fitted for and to get his Bi Pap machine. OK, I know that he needs it and that it will help him and be good for him and all that, but he doesn't. All he knows is that he has to have some mask stuck on his face that blows air at him. He hates having things anywhere near his face. I don't blame him...he doesn't have the ability to move something away from his face. If something comes at him, it will hit him. He has no control to stop it. Flys land on him and he can't swat them away. UGH! Tomorrow his cough assist and suction machines will be delivered. Two more items that, to him, are going to feel like torture treatments. I wish I could explain it to him in a way that he could understand. And I wish he could talk to me and tell me how he is feeling and what he is thinking...yes, we are still waiting on the piece of his communication device that will actually make it usable!

Life just sucks sometimes and when it hits my kids...the people I love the most in this world, I get a little crazy! It breaks my heart. It makes me want to just hug my kids to me and never let them go! I don't want to let them out of my sight!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry, Tammy!!! I know what you mean--I get all mama bear when someone hurts my children! I hope the bully will see some consequences for his actions. How did it go talking to the school?

Good luck and I hope Bryce is soon able to come to terms with all the equipment he has to use. Poor little guy--it must be so confusing for him. love and hugs to all of you!

Becca said...

You have every right to be frustrated. I mean, it has been like a year since you first were shown the communication device, hasn't it?

Hang in there! Hope the bully situation works out. I'm glad Jacob told you about it.

Jenn C. said...

Poor little Bryce. They just don't understand and it does break your heart when they have to go through some experiences.
I do not like bullies! Mandy was getting bullied so I know how you feel and how protective you feel. I am glad that it all worked out.