Monday, April 19, 2010

Mice, Lizards, and Snakes, OH MY!!!

The Queen Creek wildlife is getting a bit out of control here! A week or so ago we saw a mouse run across our kitchen floor. We tried to get it, but didn't. Then a couple of days ago, he ran into the front room. We still haven't caught him and it grosses me out every time I think that he may still be in here! Then we have been seeing lots and lots of large lizards, but so far (knock on wood) none of them have been inside. Then tonight we found a new little creature slithering across our tile! Enough already! Have I ever mentioned that I am not a country girl?!!! I am not OK with indoor animals of any kind, but especially not the uninvited ones!!! EWWW!





The boys are excited because John looked this little guy up online and found out that it is a common king snake (or lightning and thunder snake) and that they make great pets. The boys...including the biggest boy have all decided that it will be fun to keep him for a while. Who knows...maybe he will catch our mouse!

2 comments:

laurie said...

I would not be a happy camper!

Shalyse said...

A snake in your house? I would be running the other way!! lol Good luck!