Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's May!

So our baby girl is due this month! I seriously can't believe it! We had an ultrasound yesterday and she is measuring in at about 7lbs, 6 oz. as of now. She isn't due until the 27th, but I highly doubt she is going to make it that far. Who knows though, she may surprise me. The ultrasound tech said that she is head down and very low. I could have told him that part! We go see the regular OB tomorrow, so we'll see what he says. We were able to pick up the crib and rocker last Friday, so hopefully today or tomorrow I will be able to get her room arranged so that there is room in there for those. It's quite exciting!

Yesterday I also attended our last FPAC meeting for the year. It's been nice to be a little bit involved with what is going on at the boys school, but I have decided not to be a member next year. My friend Valerie has been elected as President. Although she really did not want that, I'm sure she will do a great job. I told her I would still help where I can, but I just can't commit to as much right now since I have no idea what this coming year will hold. I want to help her out as much as possible though because I have seen first hand how hard it is to get parents to help out with activities and how many parents then complain when things don't run smoothly or have to be cancelled due to lack of parent involvement. Hello!!! Some of those members of FPAC spend a lot of time trying to make things as great as possible for all of the kids.

Today we have our potluck/swim playdate here at 11:00. I'm not sure where people will sit, but John did manage to get the pool up, so at least the kids will be busy. As soon as William and Jacob leave for school, I have to make a quick trip to Walmart for a few things including diapers since I think we are down to one, and the milk and bread are gone. Then at 9 I am suppose to go help in Jacob's class for an hour and then I will hopefully get home in time to get a few things put together for the playdate. I hope it all goes well today!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so excited for your little girl to come!

Heather said...

busy month, busy day! I hope you have time for a nap. Can't wait to meet that little girl.

Shalyse said...

I was thinking about you yesterday actually and how you only had a few weeks left! Hooray! I hope the delivery goes well! Can't wait to see pictures of her! Love you guys!