Monday, May 4, 2009

One Month Ends and Another One Begins!

First of all, let me just say that I am so glad that last week is over. Oh my gosh, it was one of the busiest weeks I have had in my entire life! I was going non-stop every single day, Monday through Saturday! Not a day here or there, but every day! It was insane! I know, I'm thinking the same thing...I have this mother's helper now, so my life is suppose to be all calm and less chaotic! Well, let me just clear something up, there are definitely no bon bons and soap operas yet! I'm finding that it is not really all it's cracked up to be. Yet at least. Now don't get me wrong, and I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but this is actually a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm not going to go into a lot of details here, but let's just say it is not quite how I had envisioned it or what I had hoped for. I will say that the boys absolutely adore both Kenyon and Alea and it has been very nice this past week when I have had appointments to know who the kids will be staying with, opposed to having to constantly bug my friends to watch my kids. It's just so strange, because I feel like I am more busy and stressed now than I was a month ago. I didn't think it could happen, but it has. Oh well, I think it is just going to take some time to work into a grove and get things moving. Also, it appears that this baby girl is going to come sooner rather than later, and I am really not ready for her to come yet. So that is adding a little bit of stress to the plate. Anyway, on to last weeks activities.

Other than the three doctor's appointments, four therapy sessions, and lots of phone calls trying to get somewhere with Bryce's situation, we had some memorable moments throughout the week. Tuesday the boys and I attended a great play date at the Matheson's home. I always look forward to Tuesday mornings where the boys can play with friends and I get to chat with my friends. I live for those times these days. Thisweek the play date is at our house. I hope we have a good turnout and a lot of fun. It will help if we can get the pool set up. Thanks to John I think it will happen! Tuesday evening we were suppose to be two places at the same time. Spring Sing at the school and William's first pack meeting. Since William was getting his bobcat, and it was his first one I knew we should attend pack meeting. However, the boys knew that there would be pizza and snow cones at Spring sing and really wanted to go. So we decided to hit both. We first went to Spring sing and had dinner and snow cones and then headed over to the pack meeting. William was disappointed that he would not be able to actually perform at spring sing, but he had a great time at pack meeting, so I think it all worked out just fine.
Our Cub Scout!


Welcoming the two newest members.

William and Devin receiving their bobcat face painting.


Here is Jacob participating in the game. It went
fine until a few of his teammates tried to help him
by carrying him and then he lost it. I must admit,
I saw it coming. He said it made him feel like a
baby when they did that. Oh, Jacob!


Here is William dressed up during the game and
being cheered on by one of his teammates.


Wednesday was a great day for Spencer. He had his preschool graduation. His teacher Mrs. Dieu is in our ward and she does such a super job with these kids. My pictures all turned out a little blue, but you'll get the idea.

The class singing their spider song

The preschool graduate with Mrs. Dieu.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Spencer with his buddy Trevor.

He loved preschool and it was nice to carpool there with Valerie and Julia, but I must admit I am glad it is over for the year. One thing down! Spencer is very excited about being in kindergarten next year. He keeps asking when he gets to go to "real" school.

Thursday afternoon, William and Jacob had their last music class for the year. Then Friday they had rehearsal for the recital and Saturday afternoon was the recital. It began at 3, and luckily I was able to get out of the Pampered Chef show that I had gotten myself into just in time to get home, take the babysitter home, get the boys dressed and head up to Mesa in time for the performance. John met us there after his play rehearsal and a quick trip to Home Depot. The boys both did a terrific job on their pieces. Mrs. Marci is a fabulous teacher and Let's Play Music is an incredible program. I can't believe how much the boys have learned in just a few short years.
The second year students playing/singing I'm
an Indian.
Jacob playing his piece Practice Every Day while
the other children sang.
Jacob with his awards!
This was William's third and final year of Let's
Play Music. Everyone in his class composed a
song and then got to perform their piece for the
recital. They were all amazing!
All third year students and their awards.


A very happy William holding his
awards and a fresh copy of his first
song titled Walking Down the Street
One Day.


Again, music has been wonderful for the boys this year. As for me, I'm really glad it's over for the summer!

2 comments:

laurie said...

You had a crazy busy week! This really is the busiest time of the year. I think that's what makes us be OK with summertime. We all need some relief from the chaos! Hopefully, baby will come, summer will come and you can just lounge around for two months doing nothing.

Shalyse said...

Awesome job boys, and Mom!