Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Happy Mother's day to all you mothers. It has been a nice day. John and the boys made "super" pancakes for breakfast today and served them to me in bed. They were a little different, but very filling and it was wonderful to enjoy them in the comfort of my bed. They also gave me some wonderful cards which they had made, along with a book, a bracelet, and a beautiful necklace. The necklace has 5 heart shaped stones on it, one to represent each of our children. I got many compliments on it at church today.

Church was nice. The talks were great and it was fun to hear the primary kids sing. At the end of the meeting, each of the moms was given a rose and some chocolates. Also today I was released from my calling in nursery. John has been released from nursery, but not from Primary. As of now, we don't know what they have planned for him, but for today it was nice to go to Sunday School together and then attend priesthood and relief society, although it was a little difficult to sit still that long. It will take some getting use to I guess. The Lemieux's were also released. So today was Bryce's first day in nursery without Mom and Dad since he was 9 months old. I guess he did great. We take his little chair so that he can sit in there and have snack and color and be a part of the group. He seems to like that.

After church we came home, made some sandwiches for lunch, and Bryce and I took a nice long nap while John and the older boys enjoyed some time together. It was very nice. When we got up I called my Mom and talked to her for a bit and John tried calling his Mom in Tonga but was not able to get through. We tried a few more times and finally got through at about 8:30 tonight which was actually 4:30 Monday afternoon over there. So I guess they are about 20 hours ahead of us. We both had great talks with our Moms and they seem to be happy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Glad you had a nice day. I enjoy going to class with Chris too - always a treat. Who did they call to nursery if they've released everyone?

Tammy said...

They called laura Lamb and Katie Rogers and her husband. They are new in the ward. They were all called a few weeks ago, so we knew a release was coming, but didn't know when.

Jake and Jenny said...

What a nice Mother's Day! Glad you will get a break from the nursery, but I am sure you will be missed!

Julie said...

Hope all goes well for you and your little lady when her time comes. We will pray for you. This will be a wonderful month for you. (We are not supposed to be jealous and so I am only a tiny bit jealous of you and your blessing...Squeeze that little lady for us when she comes). We will wait for further tests before we can see if we get another one too.