Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Enough Pee Already!

Another child, another gripe! This one is for my five year old. I don't know what is going on with that boy. I just got my second phone call from the school nurse today saying that he has wet pants. I was there just an hour ago. Augh!!! We got a call last Friday for the same thing as well. He only goes to school for 2 and a half hours and I make sure he goes before he leaves in the morning. I don't know what else to do. He has been having issues with this at home for quite some time and we have tried so many things to help him out. I wish I knew if this was a physical issue or an emotional issue. He says he can't feel when he needs to go. He actually asked me today to take him to the doctor because he doesn't want to wet his pants anymore. We have already seen the pediatrician and ruled out a bladder infection and diabetes. We see a urologist in two weeks for some more testing. I guess if nothing shows up, we will try harder to figure out what might be going on emotionally. He also has begun "forgetting" his homework at school on a regular basis. He is a smart kid, but is in his own little world a good part of the time so it is hard to really tell what is going on with him. I really hope that this is just an attention getting deal or something similar. I hope everything is ok with my boy and I hope that he can stop having so many accidents. Enough pee already! He is tired of wetting his pants and I am tired of dealing with stinky, pee clothes!

4 comments:

Jenn C. said...

I am right there with you. Anna does both kinds of "accidents" in her pants and I am so tired. The other day she did it and I told her to go and clean herself up and she said that she always serves me so I should serve her sometimes! What do you say to that? Good luck!!

Jodi said...

Oh, Tammy, this stinks (literally AND figuratively)!!! My goodness, lady, you need a break! Joey has only had one accident at school, but it wasn't pee. And it was all up his back and all down his leg. *Shudder* I still get nightmares about it. Lizzy is nine and still wets the bed. Thank goodness they started making larger pull-ups. Anyway, I hope you figure things out with Spencer. It's always something, isn't it?

laurie said...

Not being able to control other peoples bladders has always been a struggle for me!!

Becca said...

It may be a Clayton gene. It seems that many of the grandchildren struggle with this in varying degrees.

Hang in there as best you can! I'll be doing pee wee laundry right along with you. :)